Like most of you I'm sure the upcoming week will be filled with friends, family, lots of food, and of course decorating for the Holidays! To say I am a Christmas fanatic is an understatement. If I wanted to decorate my house any more than I did last year, I would have to actually buy new furniture to put more things on. Snow, fresh garlands, and handmade bobbles cover every surface of my house. I LOVE IT. This year, Oliver is nearly 3 and it will be so much fun to really include him in the festivities.
I've gathered some of my favorite DIY's for the Holidays. Grab some supplies, your pals, and get your hands dirty!
1. I love this simple yet impact-full DIY from OH HAPPY DAY. How great would this be for your mantle spelling out "happy holidays" , "noel," or a countdown for the 25 days until Christmas.
2. One of my favorite holiday activities is gift wrapping. For me, simple brown paper and a sprig of fresh juniper is always the way to go. That is why I love this woodland wrapping from Odessa May Society.
3. I have been a little obsessed with gold leaf lately. If I could gold leaf everything in my house I probably would. There's is something about the magic of Christmas that makes metallic feel necessary. The possibilities with this paper mache bowl from Kelli Murray
4. I cannot wait to make these cinnamon applesauce ornaments from Katy Elliot
(one of my favorite bloggers). They might even make their way on to a few presents this year. Mmmm... I can smell their warm spices already!
5. Borax has to be one of the most versatile products you can have in your home. This particular DIY
is for Borax snow crystals.
Perfect for those of us who will (more than likely) never have a white Christmas.